4.07.2008

Waterboarding for Health and Pleasure

I returned from work in Las Vegas with raging allergies compounded by a cold. This was alarming because I normally barely notice the allergy season and I haven't been sick in a couple of years. I tried a few different medicines, none of which worked to clear my sinuses. I'd read about neti pots about a year ago and thought that one might just work in this case. I mentioned it to my roommate and he just happened to have one that he'd purchased years before. He pulled it out of storage and I gave it a whirl (after a thorough cleansing). Hooray and huzzah! It worked magically. My sinuses are as clear and empty as the space between K-Fed's ears. I've now started a routine of daily neti-potting and I feel like a million bucks. I highly recommend purchasing one if you suffer from any sinus discomfort.
PS - Isn't it indicative of our times that there exists on the internet an image of a cleavage wielding woman neti-potting?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you mix in salt water?

Anonymous said...

Yup. Delicious.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Placa de VĂ­deo, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://placa-de-video.blogspot.com. A hug.

Erica said...

true dat, drlogan. back in the day, ms. tindel advised me to use a bottled saline spray against allergies, and it seemed to work. i hid it so no one else was sticking the same spout in his or her nostrils.

Anonymous said...

There is anothr neti technique I learned when I got a nasty nasal infection at the Maha Khumba Mela in Allahbad India 2001. It involves sticking a wax coated string into the nostril, bent downwards, so that it can be grasped through the mouth. There is a gag reflex involved, but the level of nasal clarity gained is well worth it.

I suspect I got the infection from the airborne pollutants of several million people using the floodplain that was between the Mela and my ashram as a restroom.

Anonymous said...

Intersting post, thanks.