4.03.2007

wheatland - land of wheat

Yesterday Max and I rode into Yuba City; he on his uber-heavy, full-suspension rig and and me on my ill-fitting but otherwise road-worthy Giant. Our total miles logged were 21 with a break on the way home for tacos. Today he wanted to ride again so we rode down to Wheatland and back, stopping only once for peanut-butter milkshakes, totaling exactly thirty miles in just over two hours. Not bad for a 12 year-old on a 50 pound clunker. He really needs a better bike *hint*. Maybe the family should combine their resources for his birthday *hint, hint*. Actually I slightly envied his suspended rig at times because the roads weren't great; there were some areas where we had to ride in the middle of the road to avoid falling into foot deep pot-holes. At one point a ladybug, landed on my arm and rode for a mile or so before flying away. She was probably tired of all the bumps. That's all.

1 comment:

Mama Fabun said...

Mmm... peanut butter milkshakes...