5.14.2007

Simple pleasures.

A bad commute on the bike is better than a good commute in the car, and today was just a great day on the bike. I rode to work in 65 degree weather without incident, and everything happening around me seemed to be happening in sync with my music. Had thai for lunch. Then rode home. Felt strong on the ride, everyone I passed nodded hello to me. Passed another cyclist and we shared some words. Then I passed an elderly east Indian gentleman who excitedly shook his hands in the air and exclaimed, "you are racer!" as I cruised past him. As I neared my road a dirty kid on a bmx said, "I'll race you for pink slips buddy." And while there was nothing exceptional about this ride, it made me happy to be on a bike. It's the simple things that make me smile. Well, that and $3.50/gallon gasoline.

No comments: